1)Solve your drink dilemmas and kill the guilt by drinking healthy Canadians are definitely missing out by not enjoying mo'mugi. As the updated Canada Food Guide says, fruit juice is considered a sugary drink associated with dental decay, obesity and type 2 diabetes. Now is the perfect time to reach for mo'mugi and increase your healthy beverage intake.
mo'mugi will solve your drink dilemmas because it has a natural delicious taste, is rich in antioxidants, helps increase circulation, will really refresh (iced) or sooth (hot) and it doesn't give you any icky calories, caffeine, or sugar!
2)Join the healthiest tea drinkers on the planet As the most popular tea in Japan for over 500 years for everyone from babies to adults, roasted barley tea is scientifically proven to improve circulation which can lead to the prevention of various lifestyle diseases. The scientific study was published by the Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology.
3) Deliciously increase antioxidants Japan, a country famous for its healthy slim citizens with the world's longest life expectancy, consumes roasted barley tea on a daily basis. It's also popular in China and Korea. mo'mugi is rich in antioxidants which help protect your cells from damage and work to limit mutations. Here's the study in The Semantic Scholar and the full list of mo'mugi's antioxidants is here in Taylor & Francis.
4) No more plastic bottles Our teabags are made large so you can make one whole litre of cold mo'mugiwith just one teabag and easily take it to go in a thermos, cutting down on plastic bottles and bottled water. And bottled water has recently been in the news for all the wrong reasons.
5) Teabags without plastic and chemicals As winners of the 2019 Shuswap Launch-a-Preneur Green Award, we take our responsibilities for our healthy tea and the environment seriously.
To maximize the health benefits of mo'mugi we spent months researching teabags. Unlike many other teabags on the market, mo'mugi teabags do not contain plastics, adhesives, or epichlorohydrin (a potentially carcinogenic compound that prevents the bag from breaking). Nobody wants to drink plastic or chemicals in their tea, right?
That's also why our tea has no chemical aftertaste, and the permeation is excellent. In fact, in 2018 our teabags won the "New Product Innovation Award” for sustainable packaging at the World Tea Expo! Read more about why the biomaterial used in our teabags is better and compostable on A Plastic Planet.
6) Eco-Friendly The environment matters to all of us and that's why we strive to have a small carbon footprint by sourcing our organic barley locally. And we've invested in our cutting-edge roaster that is zero emission, our teabags are municipally compostable, and our pouch packaging is recyclable.
We're lucky Recycle BC is currently conducting R&D with the goal of zero landfill waste for standup pouches, the first province to do so! Click here for the full details on their research. 7)The best replacement when you're bored with water Over 30% of the BC tea drinkers we surveyed said they were bored with water. Us too! If you reach for mo'mugi instead, you can enjoy it hot for a soothing drink, and cold when you want to be super refreshed. Our tea is most famous for its thirst-quenching properties. We drink it cold year-round in our house, and sometimes we need more!
8)Kids love it We always have a pitcher in the fridge and it's the first drink they want in the morning and before bed. It's such a great alternative to unhealthy sugary, high-calorie drinks. It's one of the first drink babies in Japan get at six months old.
9)mo'mugi can prevent help prevent tooth decay According to the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, beverages made from roasted barley have anti-adhesive properties that can protect against plaque and prevent tooth decay. The study attributed the positive antibacterial properties to the antioxidant melanoidin and other polyphenols found in roasted barley grains.
10) Local, Local, Local We are a 100% local brand made with 100% beautiful, organic BC barley. Every purchase of mo'mugi supports BC farmers and BC business, and that's good for everybody.