1)Solve your drink dilemmas and kill the guilt by drinking healthy Canadians are definitely missing out by not enjoying mo'mugi, the new, organic, local and healthy, BC beverage. As the new Canada Food Guide says, 100% fruit juice is now considered a sugary drink associated with dental decay, obesity and type 2 diabetes, and it's beneficial for all of us to increase our healthy beverage intake.
We recommend mo'mugi to solve your drink dilemmas because it has a natural delicious taste will really refesh (iced) or sooth (hot) and it doesn't give you any icky calories, caffeine, or sugar. Canadians already love all kinds of Japanese tea like matcha, genmaicha, and kombucha, and we're sure mo'mugi will fast become a go-to favourite too.
2)Join the healthiest tea drinkers on the planet As the most popular tea in Japan for over 500 years for everyone from babies to adults, roasted barley tea has been scientifically proven to improve blood fluidity, and an improvement in blood fluidity can lead to the prevention of various lifestyle diseases. The scientific study was published by the Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology.
3) Deliciously increase antioxidants Japan, a country famous for its healthy slim citizens with the world's longest life expectancy, consumes roasted barley tea on a daily basis. It's also popular in China and Korea. Best of all, mo'mugi contains antioxidants which helps protect your cells from damage, thereby working to limit mutations. Here's the study in The Semantic Scholar.
4) Cut back on plastic bottles Our teabags are made large so you can make a litre of cold mo'mugi with just one teabag and easily take it to go in a thermos, cutting down on plastic bottles and bottled water. And bottled water has recently been in the news for all the wrong reasons.
5) No more drinking plastic or chemicals with your tea To maximize the health benefits of mo'mugi, we spent months researching teabags and are proud to say that unlike many other teabags on the market mo'mugi teabags do not contain plastics, adhesives, or epichlorohydrin (a potentially carcinogenic compound that helps prevent the bag from breaking).
That's why our tea has no chemical aftertaste, and the permeation is excellent. In 2018 our teabags won the "New Product Innovation Award” for sustainable packaging at the World Tea Expo. We strongly feel that no-one should have to drink plastic or chemicals in their tea!
6) The best replacement when you're bored with water Over 30% of the BC tea drinkers we surveyed said they were bored with water. Us too! If you reach for mo'mugi instead, you can enjoy it hot for a soothing drink, and cold when you want to be super refreshed. Our tea is most famous for its thirst-quenching properties. We drink it cold year-round in our house, and sometimes we need more!
7)Kids love it We always have a pitcher in the fridge and it's the first drink they want in the morning and before bed. It's such a great alternative to unhealthy sugary, high-calorie drinks. It's one of the first drink babies in Japan get at six months old.
8)mo'mugi can prevent tooth decay According to the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, beverages made from roasted barley have anti-adhesive properties that can protect against plaque and prevent tooth decay.
9) Local, Local, Local We are a local brand made with beautiful, organic BC barley. Every purchase of mo'mugi supports BC farmers and BC business.
10) Eco-Friendly The environment matters to all of us and that's why we've invested in our cutting-edge roaster that is zero emission, our teabags are municipally compostable, and our pouch packaging is recyclable. Our carbon footprint is small as we buy our organic BC barley locally.