1)A comforting healthy drink any time of day, all day The stress of Covid and spending more time indoors means our beverage choices are more important than ever. Now is the perfect time to reach for mo'mugi and increase your healthy beverage intake and decrease caffeine, sugar, and calories. Enjoy the soothing taste all day long.
2)Join the healthiest tea drinkers on the planet As the most popular drink in Japan for over 500 years for everyone from babies to adults, roasted barley tea is scientifically proven to improve circulation even more than water, which can lead to the prevention of various lifestyle diseases. The scientific study was published by the Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology.
3) Deliciously increase antioxidants Japan, a country famous for its healthy slim citizens with the world's longest life expectancy, consumes roasted barley tea on a daily basis. It's also popular in China and Korea. mo'mugi contains antioxidants which help protect your cells from damage and work to limit mutations. Here's the study in The Semantic Scholar.
4) No more plastic bottles Our teabags are made large so you can make one whole litre of cold mo'mugiwith just one teabag and easily take it to go in a thermos, cutting down on plastic bottles and bottled water. And bottled water has recently been in the news for all the wrong reasons.
5) Teabags without plastic and chemicals To maximize the health benefits of mo'mugi we spent months researching teabags. Unlike many other teabags on the market, mo'mugi teabags do not contain plastics, adhesives, or epichlorohydrin (a potentially carcinogenic compound that prevents the teabag from breaking).
6) Eco-Friendly We strive to have a small carbon footprint by sourcing our organic barley locally, our roaster reduces emission, our teabags are municipally compostable, and our pouch packaging is non-landfill recyclable where facilities exist.
7)The best replacement when you're bored with water Bored with water? Us too. If you reach for mo'mugi instead, you can enjoy it hot for a soothing drink, and cold when you want to be super refreshed. Barley tea is most famous for its thirst-quenching properties. We drink it cold year-round, and sometimes we need more!
8)Kids love it We always have a pitcher in the fridge and it's the first drink they want in the morning and before bed. It's such a great alternative to unhealthy sugary, high-calorie drinks. It's one of the first drink babies in Japan get at six months old.
9)mo'mugi can help prevent tooth decay According to the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, beverages made from roasted barley have anti-adhesive properties that can protect against plaque and prevent tooth decay. The study attributed the positive antibacterial properties to the antioxidant melanoidin and other polyphenols found in roasted barley grains.
10) Organic & Local mo'mugi is a local Canadian brand made with the finest organic BC barley.