Healthy Reasons to Love Barley Tea
Barley tea is a local, healthy alternative to high-calorie, sugary, caffeinated beverages! It has a delicious, soothing roasty nutty taste, and comforting popcorn aroma. Read on to see what makes it so healthy and unique:
3) Ultra Hydrating: Barley tea is a great way to stay hydrated, as it increases blood circulation faster than water, as stated in the Journal of Nutritional Science and Vitaminology. You can drink it all day long like a delicious flavoured water, without getting bored and without worrying about caffeine, sugar, or calories. And it's a fantastic hangover helper.
4) Contains Antioxidants: Barley tea provides antioxidants, as outlined in The Semantic Scholar, which help to protect your body against damage from free radicals. This can help to reduce your risk of chronic diseases. Thumbs up to that!
5) Promotes Digestive Health: Barley tea contains compounds that can help to improve your digestive health. According to the study in the The Japan Food Journal, it soothes stomach inflammation.
6) Won't stain your teeth: Barley tea, unlike other teas and coffee, does not contain tannins which can leave your drink too bitter to enjoy, and stain your pearly whites. In fact, the enzymes in roasted barley tea have anti-adhesive properties that can protect against plaque, as stated in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry. Hooray!
8) Sustainable from start to finish. We have a small carbon footprint as we source our organic barley locally. And our pouch packaging is converted into fuel at Recycle BC Depots. For other provinces, inquire at your local recycling centre to see how they handle pouch packaging.
So what are you waiting for? Give mo'mugi a try today, in single-serve packs or by the case! 😊